My computer is flashing a question mark and won't start up, which might mean the hard drive has to be replaced. I'll find out more when I take my laptop to the local Apple resaler in downtown Toulouse tomorrow afternoon. B is letting me use his computer (but counting the seconds I keep him away from surfing the net) and demanding that I acknowledge that thanks to him I have the backup system Time Machine. The last time I backed up my files was a week and a half ago or 2 weeks, which is okay, and it's true that without that easy system, my last back up probably would have been 6 months ago and I'd be really sad right now.
The most difficult is that I use my computer and printer all the time for teaching to make worksheets and look up stuff on the web.
In other news, B and I almost killed ourselves on our hike this weekend. The night before we found out it was a 5 hour hike, but being the out-of-shape folks we are, we made it to the lodge in 7 and 1/2. Pictures to follow (one of these days!!!). We're now battling sore muscles all over our bodies and the fatigue from so much exersion, sleeping on a matress on the floor in the lodge, and surviving only on sandwiches and tuna rice salad (plus some bread and lots of granola bars).
Here's to hoping they can fix my computer by the end of the week.
No comments:
Post a Comment