Monday, August 4, 2008

I must be on the wrong blogosphere

because I haven't heard a bit about this.

According to the NY Times, France is just buzzing with this scandal. But I admit I hadn't heard a word of it.

Perhaps because I haven't watched the evening news on one of the main French stations for a while (I've been on CNBC and Al-Jazeera English, and then podcasts of US News and The Daily Show, plus lots of X-Files of course).

I check out La Dépêche to see what's going on around Toulouse, and I even bought a regional magazine Toulouse Mag the other day (and learned that the recordings in the metro will soon be in French and Occitan).

Maybe it's because I haven't been looking for French political news? Slacking on my Economist reading? Snoozing through the headlines from my clock radio?

Or is it just a Paris scandal? And those of us in the "country" haven't been informed.

Anyone else heard about it? I'm really curious.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I read about it ...

try to blog less and to go on google actu or Lemonde.fr more often babe ;)

B