Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Guess who's going to Marseille?

Me!

Because the American Consular presence (=tiny office) here in Toulouse where I got my attestation de celibat for the Pacs is not accepting appointments until sometime in October (maybe, kind of). I have to get two papers that say I'm not married and legally able to marry in order to register to get married.

I called the Consulate in Marseille during my 20 minute break between tutoring students today and scheduled an appointment for next Tuesday. Luckily they had something in the afternoon so I can take a train at 8 instead of 4:30am.

I hate one day round trip train rides like that. There's only so much reading or Nintendo DS playing you can do on a train, and you spend a fraction of your day at the destination, only to hop back on the train.

I thought I was so lucky this time because I could take the metro to the Consular Post office. Last year I had to take the train from Ariège, but that was only 1h15 each way. But no.

Now to get the SNCF site to work. B says they typed the code with their toes, and that's why the website is so sucky.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear about it, sorry about the immigration issue. I have had my share of them in Hungary. Bonne Chance!