Monday, June 2, 2008

B and I just had a speaker phone call with his brother and "sil" about taxes because we, ahem, are so on top of things and only just now realized we never received something from Ariège that we should have in order to declare online. B's sil is an accountant, so she helped B calculate his tax deduction for his commute and eating lunch away from home. Tomorrow I get to call and ask for my télédeclarant number so we can finish up online and avoid using the paper form and paying the 10% late penalty (since the deadline is already passed for paper versions).

I'll post some pictures soon from my photo marathon. I ended up with some really great ones, but I didn't win the competition (that's a whole 'nother post...)

Today we got up at 6am (on a Sunday!) in order to go to a community band competition in Bedarieux, kind of near Bèziers. Apparently a large part of the music festival was planned outside, but seeing as how it poured all day long, that had to move things inside and that screwed up what little organization they was. Our band played alright, but it's wasn't as fun an experience as the festival we went to a few weeks ago. I'll try to write more about it later...

Tomorrow morning is my Cap Vers l'Entreprise appointment at the special ANPE building way out in the boonies in an industrial park. I got a message from a company that wants to meet me, so I hope that will make up for the fact that I sent a total of, *cough*, 3 job applications in the last month. But I was busy! What with the grad school application, tutoring, meeting up for coffee with friends, vacuuming so our apartment is decent for guests, and picking out tomatoes at the market, I've been busy and letting the job apps slide.

I'm sure my CVE appointment tomorrow will surely be very blog worthy, with more "Are you sure you don't want to do a BTS..." type questions, but I have a doctor's appointment in the afternoon and physical therapy Tuesday morning. You see how hard it is to fit in blogging?

Well, Sherlock Holmes is calling me. It's so lovely to read words like shrubbery, vigil, curvature, and inglenook.

No comments: