I just got my schedule for a children's theater festival I'm volunteering for, and they have given me something to do for practically every hour I said I was available.
Somehow I figured they wouldn't need me to work every single hour I said I could, and I'm now in a real bind.
I have a doctor's appointment during one of my shifts, and I think they have me as the only person doing what I'm doing. I'll try to change my doctor's appointment, but he doesn't have very many openings and with all the hours I have booked with other volunteer shifts, it'll be hard to find another spot in the same week. I could say I can't make that specific shift, but I feel bad because I made the appointment after I gave my available hours hoping that they wouldn't schedule me to work (that was dumb, wasn't it?!).
I also just realized that the AVF special reception at the Maison des Midi-Pyrénées is at the same time as one of my shifts. Technically I agreed to volunteer before I knew about the reception, but AVF is a long term commitment for me, and I really really want to go to the event.
A lot of the other volunteers have 2 or 3 shifts, which is understandable if they work or have other commitments, and there are only about 2 other people who have as many hours as I do. I was also, apparently, the only person dumb enough to say "Oh sure, I'm available all day on Saturday!" which happens to be June 21st, or Fête de la Musique.
Yep, on Fête de la Musique, I will be volunteering from 9-12, 14-17, 17-19H30, and 19h30 until the end. I'm hoping there's some awesome music being performed right next to the theater between noon and 2pm, because it looks like that'll be the only time I can take advantage of it.
I would say there's still music after 9:30/10pm, when the festival will probably finish, and that I could stroll around until midnight or later. But my end of the year dance performance is Sunday the 22nd, and we have morning rehearsal before the mid-afternoon performance and I don't dance very well without a decent night's sleep.
I'm left scratching my head, wondering how I ever got myself into such a mess.
No comments:
Post a Comment