Sunday, June 22, 2008

Still alive

just really busy.

I haven't had much time to post this past week, and whenever I had something interesting to write about, I wasn't home to do it.

Since my last post, I have

1) finished my tutoring with Acadomia since the kids are either out of school, going on vacation, or taking tests

2) volunteered way too many hours for the children's theater festival; I'll have to post about that later

3) took advantage of Fête de la Musique for about an hour and a half with B (we listened to some traditional Occitan music)

4) danced in my end of the year dance performance

I'm still going to physical therapy, but just twice a week now. I have a follow up interview tomorrow for a job, so I'll see how that goes. Otherwise, the summer is looking pretty empty. I might tutor someone I met through AVF, but if this CDD doesn't come through, it's back to the regular old job search.

I've learned a few things about volunteering recently, and I'll have to talk more about them later.

I'll post some pictures as well.

I leave you just with this festival, which is advertised in every single metro station of Toulouse right now. Too bad I don't have my american flag earrings anymore!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WE went to see Balkan Beat Box on Saturday night for the finale of the Rio Loco Festival which coincided with La Fête de la Musique. They were great. Toulouse was overflowing with people. It was cool except my neighborhood was noisy until about 7AM.