Or at least until you can't carry anymore.
I bought so much this afternoon I had to stop because my bags were getting too bulky.
I know, attack of consumerism and the sales, but most of my purchases were for a reason.
There's the belated fathers' day gift for B's dad he asked me to pick up, then B's birthday present, then a few bras to replace the ones I've been sewing back together (and whew can bras be expensive!), and lastly a new mattress pad and a waterproof/heat under-tablecloth pad for our dining table to protect if from my Perrier accidents and slopped tomato sauce.
While I'm not the kind of woman who loves to browse and go into a million shops, I admit that it feels fun to buy stuff you've put off limits before. I didn't look at any purses though because I reminded myself I have several I haven't used in a while. And while I did stop in 1-2-3 (and saw the outfit B bought me a few weeks ago is now 40% off – ouch!) I didn't buy anything. My job in the fall might require me to wear a suit though, so I might go back later.
Now to hide B's gifts, cool down a bit, and relax. Good luck to all you out there braving the sales like I did!
2 comments:
The sales are so evil, I need to pack all the crap I already have for the visit back home, where my euro will be worth more, so I really should save . . . but too many cute things that I have convinced myself I "need" haha.
Yes les soldes commence! We have been on a strict budget with the dollar being so crappy and work not overflowing with hours so I know what you mean. It is finally pleasant to go into a few stores and actually be able to afford something. I am so intrigued by this idea about having sales only twice a year. I wrote about it here.
Sales in France
Post a Comment