Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Photo Marathon

Here are the best pictures I took for the photo marathon last weekend. The contest was organized by AVF in conjunction with the Maison de Midi-Pyrénées, and the winning photos will be displayed in the Maision de M-P. The two themes we were supposed to capture in the pictures and showcase Toulouse at the same time were Ensemble(s) (together) and Courbes (curves). I had a lot of fun looking for curves and ways to illustrate together, instead of just taking photos of pretty things. We were mostly in teams of 3, and everyone got to submit one photo for each theme (so 6 photos by team).

I didn't win, which I'm mostly okay with, except that my courbes photo wasn't evaluated with the rest of the photos. The judges had some technical difficulties and didn't realize that 3 photos that had been opened in Linux initially weren't displayed in Windows, so my photo and 2 others weren't considered when they were comparing the submissions. When I pointed that out and they looked at it again, they said my photo was really great, except that you couldn't tell it was Toulouse (and not some other city), so I wouldn't have won anyway, but it was still a bummer my photo was considered with the others.







2 comments:

Ksam said...

I think it's really cool that you participate in so much extracurricular stuff here! Though that big pink sculpture thing kinda freaks me out...it looks like a giant bendy penis!!

L said...

Haha! It was one of the pictures of that with just the sky behind that I submitted as Courbes, although I should have submitted the one with the brick buildings behind to show it was Toulouse. But I go some cool pictures anyway!