I finally got my unemployment benefits for January, February and March (all at once!). I'm not overdrawn anymore! And for once I can buy groceries and put some money in my savings account.
Inspired by this good news I found out this morning, B, his cousin who is here for the weekend, and I tested a new restaurant at lunch. Yummy salmon carpaccio, beef and duck heart brochettes, and apple crumble. We sat outside to take advantage of the lovely sun, but kept our coats on because it was rather windy.
After a leisure ramble through downtown Toulouse (making sure to visit the video game stores), we went to Compans Cafarelli. This park is a bit away from the historical downtown, but includes a japanese garden and a large pond/small lake. A North-Afrian wedding party had invaded the Japanese garden in order to take pictures in front of the nice plants and on the red bridge over the pond and they had musicians playing traditional music in the gazebo/house that overlooks the pond. On our way to another part of the garden we saw a second wedding party on their way to take pictures, and then at the entrance to Compans Cafarelli there was a third couple. I guess that's what a Saturday in spring means! When I was in Naples in late April several years ago I saw 9 couples on a Saturday.
The three of us laughed at some of the young men posing for the pictures because they kept on their oversized trendy sunglasses. They looked nice in their white tuxedos, but you'd think they were trying to prove that the sun always shines in the land of cool.
Tonight we're eating crêpes graciously prepared by B's cousin using Mamy's (Grandma) recipe.
Speaking of which, it's time to get out the crème de marron B loves, lemon juice and sugar, and honey, plus any jam we have hiding in our fridge and to set the table. After our crêpe feast, I'm voting for a little movie sèance. La Môme, maybe??
No comments:
Post a Comment