Saturday, April 12, 2008

Grrr......

B and I managed to get our Carrefour shopping done by about 1 this afternoon, which meant that while it was busy, we still found a parking spot quickly and there weren't any traffic jams.

We need an extra lamp for the far corner of the living room, but Carrefour had three halogen lamps to choose from and nothing else, so we decided to try one of the many home decor/lamp stores in the area. But first we had to go home because our frozen foods were defrosting rapidly.

Fast forward to 4pm when I actually head out again for the lamp, and it's bumper to bumper traffic on the two lane road leading to the commercial area. Then I miss the side road I was supposed to take and try to make up for it by taking a small road further down, which leads me past houses and fields. I spot an onramp for a main road that is probably the one I want, but in a moment of indecision I don't take it and continue straight. More fields and houses. U-turn, wait at the yield to edge my way into traffic, get in the wrong lane and am forced to go into the Carrefour parking lot, from which I finally exit and am able to find the lamp store.

I'll skip the drive home when I didn't know which direction to take and chose at the last second and cut someone off....

At least we have a new lamp, even though it's rather plain for the price I paid (85€).

And while I was out getting lost and honked at, B bought a plant for the apartment. Hopefully it will serve the threefold purpose of humidifying the air, looking nice, and not dying when we forget to water it.

No comments: