Thursday, November 1, 2007

I sure hope this is impossible in France

It took me just under 2 hours to drive home tonight, which meant that I got home 11 hours and 45 minutes after I left this morning. There was an accident at a critical spot and with all the looky-loos combined with everyone that wanted to get home before dark to go trick-or-treating with their kids, traffic was reeeaally really bad.

What sucks more is that I got home at 6:20, and I need to go to bed around 9:30 so I can get up in the morning. I'm not working so I can have less than three hours for myself at the end of the day. This job is in a weird location at the end of long street that dead-ends, so you only have one ways to get there. Then I have to get there at 7:30am, which means I've been getting up at 5:30. I think I can sleep in a little more because traffic hasn't been as bad as I expected in the morning.

I could have taken the train to Toulouse or from Montpellier to nearly Lyon with all the time I spent in the car tonight. I wonder if San Diegans will ever spring for real public transportation.

No comments: