I just accepted a job as a receptionist/administrative assistant at a construction/architecture firm. It's exactly the kind of job I'm looking for, because it should get me a foot in the door with similar jobs in France.
Except that the office manager told me she'd just had 6 different receptionists since August, or something like that, and she was looking for someone who was really committed to staying.
Oops.
I feel like a huge hypocrite for taking the job, since I know I'll be going back to France. But I need the money and I want the experience. They are hiring me through a temp agency though, which doesn't exactly breed loyalty. I still feel guilty. They seem like nice people.
If I was going to stay in San Diego, I could see myself in the job for a while, maybe moving up in the company after a year or two. I kept a confident smile on my face though while I cringed inside about leaving in two and a half weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment