I've more or less decided that I won't be contacting my ex's new girlfriend. I tried writing an email to see if I could get something to sound right, and in the end it didn't make sense to send it to her. I wanted to offer my perspective, share what I learned after the fact, but only if she wanted to hear it, which turned it into an offer I knew she'd turn down. One of my friends wisely asked what it was I wanted to warn her about. Was he abusive? No, he has just broken up with every woman because he realized he was still in love with his first girlfriend. All I had to say of much worth was that they'd apologized to each other about their last break-up and I suspected he was going to realize once again that she's the only one for him. That and explain that the reason why he has never had a relationship that involved fighting was because he never expresses his own opinions and realizes months into it that he's living someone else's life.
I've follow my ex's life like some dumb soap-opera. You know it's trashy, terrible, and a waste of time, but you just can't help wondering what will happen in the next episode. I guess I take a certain relish in how bizarre his life has turned out and smirk that I got out when I did. He really is a made for tv character: terrible childhood, kicked out of his house and made to fend for himself, heart-broken by his first love, married, divorced, tortured artist, and all by the age of 24. He's not even really handsome, but his troubled artist persona that needs to be loved because everyone else has forsaken him is a real siren song.
Well, enough of that crap. I should start the count-down to when I leave for France, but that'd just remind me of all the organizing I have yet to do. Who was it that thought I had magic expandable suitcases that never weigh more than 50 lbs???
No comments:
Post a Comment