We probably should be taking more advantage of our time, but B's been spending a lot of time online, and I've been reading.
I called India, I mean Amazon's help center, this morning to ask about one of his orders because they don't like his European credit card for just one of the orders. The other ones went through, but one external hard drive is not yet shipped and we want to get it before we leave.
Last night we saw Balls of Fury, a new movie with Christopher Walken playing a Chinese ping pong/mafia master. It was a dumb comedy, but we laughed and got to see my friend Allen and his roommate Dan. I would have liked to see the movie about Jane Austen's life, but B wasn't really interested, and Allen would've canceled our plans if he thought I was going to make him watch a movie like that. Allen and Dan have a very guy apartment. It wasn't dirty or terrible or anything, it just doesn't have any decorations and there are random things around. They're renting, so they can't really put any nails in the wall, but I couldn't help but notice how bare it was. They also have a huge painted wooden sword in the living room which was for some video game re-enactment. B laughed and told Allen he had an anti-girl object. Allen had a girlfriend last summer, but I guess between work, class, and hanging out with his buddies, he's not missing much.
I'm still trying to get ahold of the visa departments in LA and San Francisco to make an appointment. It's a lot more complicated than last time, and it doesn't help that their websites were made by monkeys and the links and schedule pages don't work. Maybe I'll move on to the Consulate in Texas, it's the next nearest one.
My mom made tacos last night, but we still need to go to a Mexican restaurant. Mmm, maybe some fish tacos tonight or a burrito with B.....
No comments:
Post a Comment