I'm not sure which word to pick: sad, angry, despaired, appalled, outraged, disgusted, bitter.
I watched Running with Scissors over the weekend, and the main character says a bunch of times "I'm living in a loony bin". I think I am too right now.
My dad's drinking is way out of control, he sits glassy eyed as life passes him by, and my mom is afraid to confront him about it or any of the other things she'd like to see change (like some help with paying the bills and organizing the paperwork). I left long ago because I refused to aid or abet this situation.
I have my visa appointment tomorrow afternoon, so hopefully I will be headed back to France soon. I hate to just write about my family and its dysfunctional nature, but this slumbering beast called rage is waking and it's all I can do to control it.
My only France related experience of late was at Morrow Bay on Sunday. My friend Melissa and her boyfriend Roger wanted to take me to a little French bakery over there run by a Parisian. Morrow Bay is on the Pacific ocean, 15-20 minutes from San Luis Obispo, where they live. The bakery was closed unfortunately, but I peeked through the window to look at the menu. French onion soup, spinach and salmon quiche, salad, teriyaki chicken sandwich, wait, what? They had a whole bunch of sandwiches not very French sounding, plus I think Chef salad. No warm goat-cheese salad like I love, but maybe that's just a Southern France thing.
We ended up eating at a German place, which served French dip sandwiches (my friends did not see the irony) and watched the sea otters that swam by the deck. Here's a picture of Morrow Rock, a granite dome that makes the town famous.
2 comments:
I'm sorry about your family problems! And I can understand where you're coming from... We all have those strange, dysfunctional situations, trust me; every family has its struggles, problems and complications. Hang in there!
Morrow Rock looks like a beautiful place and I'm glad you were able to enjoy a nice lunch there with a friend. Take good care!
I can certainly relate to your family problems too--it's hard. Hang in there...
Post a Comment