Friday, September 21, 2007

"Just answer quickly"

After forking over $28 for a police clearance letter, I headed to the new shopping center in the brand new housing development not far from my parent's place.

If I'm going to be here for a while, I might as well apply for a brainless job.

For your pleasure, I took a few pictures of the computer screen of the job application terminal I was using to apply for a job at one of the grocery stores. I didn't know if they'd get mad if they found out I was making a record of their crazy questions, so I was discrete and didn't take too many. I might have missed the best ones, unfortunately.



Maybe that first question was added because of O. J.? (He's charged with armed robber in Las Vegas, if you haven't heard) I answered "Strongly agree" in case you were wondering because I know they don't want people who are going to shop lift while they're working or give their friends any Total Manager Discounts (pour toi B ;-) ).



I admit I wasn't sure who the "slow people" were in the question; fellow workers, or customers? You can see I selected disagree because I figured they were referring to any elderly customers that might come in.

And the last:



There was another that said something like "There's no point in having friends because they always let you down."

Side note: I'm taking the train to San Luis Obispo this weekend to see a friend! I'm excited to see her and happy I don't have to drive through LA again. It's 5 hours by car from San Diego and 8 hours by train. At least the French are ahead of things with the TGV.

No comments: