1) I have my student card! (or piece of paper I should say) I still don't know the schedule for my Masters program though.
2) I didn't have to choose a student insurance because I convinced them I was covered by B since we were Pacsed, and I didn't even have to pay the 192€ fee for student health insurance (score!)
3) I subscribed to The Econonist with my super student discount. I will once again be aware of world events/politics.
4) I learned that my Grandma will not be in town for our San Diego wedding/reception, which bums me out. It's my fault for not letting her know sooner, but we'll still get to see her. I just talked with another friend and he's arriving back in San Diego from Thanksgiving with his family at about the time our luncheon should be ending... Again my fault, but we started this whole thing knowing it was short notice.
5) Sent and email to my parents saying I felt more or less like they weren't listening to what we wanted for the wedding and that I'd much rather they use the $5,000 they want to spend on the wedding on plane tickets to come to France or for B and me to go to Japan and India. Said pretty bluntly "You aren't listening to me and you're planning a wedding we don't want," which now means I'm avoiding my email because I'm slightly afraid of the response. I wonder how many days I can avoid reading my email.
6) Really really hope Toulouse wins Capitale de la Culture for 2013! I'll post pictures and hopefully a video of the events last Saturday.
1 comment:
I just got my schedule as a lectrice, and was told it might change this week, so it's not too unusual that they don't have the student's schedules set yet. So frustrating!!
Post a Comment