Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Deçu, deçu

Toulouse lost. Marseille will be the Capitale de la Culture in 2013. Here's the article in La Depêche.

And because I'm so special, I get to wear one of those silly looking neck braces for a day or two. Yesterday I barely moved my head and the left side of my neck seized up. B has been joking that I'm like Batman from the Tim Burton movies when he couldn't turn his head because I have to turn my shoulders if I want to see to the left. Finding a comfortable position to sleep was a challenge last night, so I saw my doctor this morning. When the pharmacy opens again, I'll select my elegent neck brace and pick up the muscle relaxant I was prescribed.

And once it's better I'm supposed to build up my neck muscles. My doctor actually mentioned walking around with a book on my head... why do I have visions of Disney channel movies I watched as a kid?

1 comment:

Reb said...

You didn't miss much except crowds, a citywide ego, and years of road works. Lille was Cultural Capital in 2004 and we're still trying to get over it.