Saturday, August 15, 2009

Good deeds

The mother of one of my best friends back in the States sent me an email asking if I could research her French pen pal from high school (1962-1964). She had his old address, so I started with his name and the town in the pages blanches, and there was a hit for the region.

I thought up my little speech, and dialed the phone.

His wife answered and I explained why I was calling, and she handed the phone to Bernard. And yes, he remembered his American pen pal! We chatted for a bit and I filled him in on the major facts of my friend's mother's life (In California now, not Connecticut, married, kid, retired English teacher) and he told me a little bit about his life since 1964.

I emailed his address and a summary of my phone conversation to my friend's mom, so now she can get back in touch with him.

Can you imagine being contacted by someone from 45 years ago? I hope Bernard thinks it's as neat as I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this post inspired me to look for my old french assistant from high school and I found her on les pages blanches and then on facebook! Yay! :o)