Today's discovery was Télérama.
When I was in all my press/journalism classes for my Masters my professors talked about the different readers associated with magazines. Of course Maison-Jardin will have more female readers than Moto-Voiture, but I didn't understand all the references to tv magazines. For me, tv magazines are like TV Guide... and that's it. You buy it or look in the newspaper or online to find out what's on tv. Now you can also look at your Tivo or DVR menu and see when your favorite show is playing for the next two weeks.
So my professors kept talking about the differences between Télérama and Télé 7 jours. And now I get it.
Télérama is actually a really neat magazine that happens to have the tv listings at the end. The first half is full of interesting articles on movies, theater, dance, music, the radio, books and culture in general. With it's cultural spin, Télérama's readers tend to be more educated and richer than the average person (what my professors were talking about during the where-to-advertise class). I think what surprised me the most were the radio listings they have. For some reason or other, I never thought about the radio have programs at set hours like the tv, at least not enough that someone would want to check when their favorite program was on and tune in. I used to listen to a program called "The big chill" on an independant rock/alternative station in San Diego that came on week nights at 10pm, but that was it for "shows" as far as I was concerned.
I wanted to check out some of the podcasts, but I just saw my Economist from two weeks ago that I haven't finished reading last week's, plus I'll be getting another one Saturday. And I also bought a new womens' magazine Causette on Sunday for the train ride back from Paris and I've only skimmed it and when will I ever find the time to write a review (basically two thumbs up)...
And are those clothes that need to be ironed? And dust bunnies around the night stand?
No comments:
Post a Comment