After our fun (but not exactly relaxing) vacation, we're back in Toulouse. I think I'll post about what we did in Paris in episodes.
Today was my first day at my internship. The woman who's training me apologized at the end of the day for having given me so many photocopy tasks and assured me it wouldn't always be like that. One of the directors brings her miniature poodle to work and the dog follows her everywhere. One of the regular tasks I'll be doing is preparing a daily news-clipping of articles pertaining to theater or dance. By the end of my internship I think I'll be an expert on current French theater.
In honor of my new job, I decided to catch up on a few things. I tore off a month's worth of Cute-Overload pictures on the page-a-day calendar. Hopefully I'll be better tearing them off each day from now on. I also swept up a ton of dead leaves and dried flower petals that had accumulated in the corners of our balcony. After adding a bit more soil to two of the concrete planters and watering all the plants, I planted a few sunflower and cosmo seeds. We don't have enough planters for everything I'd like to plant, so I had to hold off on sprinkling all the seeds. One day I'll have a nice huge garden....
For anyone in or around Paris, here's a play I read about in about four different newspapers. Performed in English, the play is constructed from a number of Shakespeare's sonnets. It's playing til early May at the Théâtre des Bouffes du Nord, metro La Chapelle.
No comments:
Post a Comment