Friday, March 13, 2009

I studied a whole bunch this afternoon with a friend, then watched a bunch of Un gars Une fille (B's away...) and I should go to bed, but I wanted to post atleast something.

I came across this video opinion piece on the NY Times. Basically the argument is that magazines should disclose when they photoshop a picture. One of the arguments used is that this is currently a proposed law in France and that it's creating a huge buzz here.

There's also an article about the proposed law. (update: I see that this article is from last year)

Okay, I know I don't watch the news every night or read the newspaper every day or listen to the radio on my commute to work, but I think I have a general understanding of what's creating a buzz and what isn't. Currently I would say yes for
IUFM reform
Enseignant-Chercheurs reform
no more sale of alcohol of any kind of cigarettes under 18
the number of stolen bikes in Toulouse
the rise in violence (around Toulouse at least)
negociations in Guadeloupe
the Hadopi law

Okay, I cheated and I looked at ladepeche.fr and lexpress.fr
Definitly no articles on their front page about required disclosures of photoshoped pictures.

Anyone remember this being a big subject last year (around April)? The video opinion says "It will be interesting to see if the law goes through in France" but I wonder now if the the American author is just uninformed.

No comments: