We've begun our buying....
Things just seem like such a good deal, and then we keep saying it'll be a Christmas gift....
So far, I spent just over $200 on books (and all in Communications, not even fun fiction books, but I feel like my classes are really lacking that grounded-in-textbooks aspect, so I'm choosing my own textbooks)
Our next purchase is for my parents. My parents have a really bad garbage set up. They use an old garbage can with cracking plastic with ill-fitting shopping bags instead of proper size garbage bags. I'm all for re-using grocergy or other bags, and I do it myself as much as possible. But when the trash can is twice as big as the shopping bag and you have to stretch it over three corners and then be careful the food doesn't slip down the fourth corner where the bag just doesn't stretch..... It's just no good. The "big" trash can for anything else from the living room/kitchen area is actually outside, just outside the backdoor. My parents have a lot of food waste as well. My mom tends to forget what's in tupperware in the fridge, and my dad dislikes eating left-overs, which leads to lots of moldy food (I tossed about 10 tupperware containers full of meat, rice, vegetables, stews, everything, before we left for Thanksgiving). B and I decided they needed a no-effort-required composter, so we just ordered one from NatureMill. The idea is you scrape your kitchen scraps directly in there, and in 1-2 weeks you have nice soil.
Next on our list of purchases are shoes. I hate to be buy-buy-buy, but everything is sale-sale-sale here. B also presented the argument that he doesn't work lots of extra hours and earn time and a half to not spend the money he earned. When you put it like that....
1 comment:
So true about the lacking in textbooks thing....people laughed at me when I asked if we needed to purchase books for class! I was like, you mean...we don't have any textbook reading assignments?
Post a Comment