We're waiting in the airport for our flight back to France, and I have to post about some of B's recent English bloopers.
First off, a lot of B's conversational English he's picked up from watching movies, reading comic books, and surfing the internet. This leads to the following example sentences:
"Well, when you wake up you have crap in your eyes."
"The garage sale was just basically crap."
"When we succeed in making the fire when camping we were fucking proud." (Which shocked my mom)
"Yes, basically shoes are fucking expensive in France."
"But the food is just so much crap in America. I mean, come-on!"
And my all time favorite:
"Yes, I heard Mexico is very dangerous because there is all that gang bang and everything."
(He meant to say gang wars, because my cousin told us about the recent increase in violence south of the border)
Well, boarding has started, so the next time I post I'll be back in France. We ended up buying another small suitcase for all the stuff we bought (but it was on sale!) and our big suitcases were 49 pounds each. Everything's coming with us though!
No comments:
Post a Comment