Tuesday, December 30, 2008

....*blush*.....

Last week when I was attacked by 1-2-3 and their gorgeous sweaters, I also came home with a new black wool winter coat. My current one has served me well, but has been slowly wearing out for a while now.

The sleeves on my new coat were a tad long (me being petite, or a dwarf as B says), so I took it to a taylor yesterday.

There used to be a seamstress just down the street from our place that was really handy, but she closed 2-3 months ago. This was a huge bummer because it's hard to find cleaners, taylors, jewelry repairers, etc, that are close by but also on the way to something. The cleaners I use is technically not far away, but it's not in the direction of anything else, so it's always a special trip.

Yesterday I headed out with my coat and a summer wrap-around dress I've been meaning to get taken in. The dress has a unique v-cut back which means I can't wear a bra and the front was unfortunately too loose... I finally found a taylor in downtown and got my coat sleeve marked. Then I went into the little dressing room and put on my dress so they could mark the 2 inches of excess fabric.

But there wasn't any excess fabric yesterday. The dress was actually snug! For Christmas I'd noticed that one of my favorite skirts was tighter than usual, but here was a dress that practically fell off me this summer and now it's hard to do the snaps!

I had to get dressed and explain to the taylor that the dress wouldn't be modified after all. His adult daughter was there with him at the counter and I mumbled something about eating too much foie gras and she smiled. I think I've actually gained a kilo over my normal weight.

So excuse me while I go do some more Wii Fit...

No comments: