I'm a little bit pompette after all the wine and champagne I drank tonight celebrating New Years with B, his parents, and his brother and brother's girlfriend, but there was way too much tension down there, so I got away to do a little posting. There's no term for posting with a buzz is there?
Last year I believe my New Year's resolutions were to start studying German and then something about not waiting for things to be "right" or "ideal" in order to enjoy life or take a risk. I'll look in my archives later and see what I wrote.
While I don't know how much I can evaluate whether or not I stopped waiting into to advance and do things in life, I completely failed on studying German.
I've decided that this year I should have resolutions that are a little more fun: in 2009 I will go to each Museum/historical site of Toulouse at least once. There are tons I haven't visited yet in the year we've been in Toulouse, like Cité de l'Espace, the Roman Arènes, or the Modern Art museum. I'll tag along with this resolution that in 2009 I'll visit sites/towns around Toulouse, like Montauban, Figeac, Auch, le Laurageais, les Comminges, and maybe Narbonne.
I had a second resolution.... I'm not going to list getting my French driver's license because I'm forced to do that before July because what I paid at the Auto Ecole is only good for a year. I won't mention getting an internship or a job because those are rather necessary...
Ah yes, the second resolution is to make a bigger effort to keep in contact with friends. I get discouraged easily when friends don't call or email me back, and coupled with the fact that I live way far way from most of them, that means that I don't communicate very often with people I used to be close to. Some of my friends have told me that nothing happens in their life ("work, home, walk the dog, sleep...") and that there's nothing they can really share since the last time I called last month, so then I worry about what we'd talk about if I called next week. And then there are the friends that are busy or not online often and never respond to my emails or Facebook messages (or even the messages on their voice mail), and I start thinking they don't think it's important to keep in touch. So I leave fewer messages and stop calling... Anyway, 2009 I'll make a bigger effort to keep in touch, even if I don't have much response.
And my third resolution is to do enough sports/exercice to 1) keep my "normal" weight and 2) have enough muscle support around my right knee that it doesn't hurt as soon I as do slightly more exercice than usual. I'm supposed to keep my quadreceps strong to help my knee and I haven't exactly done that since my physical therapy sessions ended last summer. The result is that my knee has started hurting again.
Well, it's just about time to zone out or drift off to sleep. And yes it's the fault of the 2 large glasses of champagne, plus copious servings of rosé, et a bit of red to drink with the cheese. J'assume complètement.
2 comments:
Totally all about #2 this year, especially after seeing everyone this week. Though one friend said she missed me less when I didn't call, which makes sense I guess. But I'm going to try at least semi frequent "hey what's up" calls, even if all we talk about is how boring our lives are, at least it still feels like I'm a part of people's here!
Happy New Year. I understand about the friends, I've just kind of resigned myself to the fact that some of these friendships just won't last the physical distance unfortunately.
Post a Comment