I sent an internship application to a local museum last week and I meant to call them this week to make an appointment for an interview.
But it just didn't happen. Stupid stuff kept me from calling: stressing out they'd say no, thinking I needed 3 hours of free time in order to make the call in case they put me on hold, my group project members calling emergency meetings that ended up not being productive, doing laundry...
Sometimes I just block on simple things and it'll take me weeks to do something like get a hair-cut or buy stamps.
I finally forced myself to call this morning though because next week I have 5 minutes of free time. The man I wanted to talk to answered the phone and immediately agreed to see me Monday. After all my wigging out, it was just that simple.
Riding high from my success, I decided to call a local theater where an alum from my Masters program works and I asked to be passed through to her. I introduced myself and stretched the truth by saying it was the director of the program who told me to call (he got her the job there so I figured she'd listen up if I mentioned him). Then I asked whether or not they were taking interns and to whom I should send an internship application. After all my procrastinating and fretting, it was just that simple.
I'll stick the letter in the mail on my way to visit a local museum with a friend. I'm finally acting on my New Year's resolution. It must be anti-procrastination day.
No comments:
Post a Comment