Thursday, January 8, 2009

Snow again!

I think this will be my last "oh-my-gosh-there's-snow!" post since it seems to be a common thing this winter. It's just that I've spent 2 winters in Midi-Pyrénées where it snowed about one day, so this year has been more exciting.

Last night it was snowing respectably when I missed the bus coming home from tutoring. I had to walk about 15 minutes to the closest metro station to finish my trajet, and the darn wind kept blowing snowflakes in my eyes. When I got off the metro I was on a quiet street in our neighborhood and I had the delight of listening to the crunch-crunch of walking on snow.

Anyway, this is the state of our parking lot. I was supposed to go to Ikea today, but our car needs new rear tires and I imagine that there has been no plowing (or scraping, since the snow is about 3 cm deep and the ground isn't frozen yet) so I'll go another day.
Even the leaves of our plants have snow accumulation!

No comments: