Remember how I wondered if I'd met the Ariégois Miss France's American mother?
The other day I saw her picture on a magazine and it just seemed too familiar. Then I remembered.
We danced at the same dance school in Foix.
I just found a Dépêche article that confirms that she danced at the school as well.
I don't regret not becoming friends with her so that now I'd be a friend of Miss France, but rather because it was only when she won that I found out her mom is American. I spent an entire year passing her as she finished her jazz class and I went to mine and I never knew she was half American. I assume she never knew I was American either since some of the other girls in my class just thought I was from Alsace or the North.
I don't go around declaring I'm American since I figure it's not really important and won't change anything (any American-only sales? nope? didn't think so), but for once I should have. Maybe that'll teach me to share a little more about myself with the people I meet.
No comments:
Post a Comment