Monday, December 8, 2008

Ariège back on the map!

'D you hear the new Miss France is from Ariège? And half American?

I met an American woman with a French husband back when I was a teaching assistant. The woman was a local recruit to teach English, and she told me her daughter was in high school (which would match the age of the new Miss France). I don't remember if her name was Brenda or not though.... Maybe I met Miss France's mom two years ago? Or maybe not. There aren't that many Americans in Ariège, but I'm not about to pretend there are only two either...

UPDATE: A girl in my Masters knows the new Miss France, and she said her mom was black. The American I met in Ariège was not black, so guess I didn't meet her mom. Apparently the Miss is super nice and fairly smart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was really impressed that all (or at least a good number of) the contestants for Miss France are actually studying REAL things in school, like law and medicine. All the Miss America candidates study "consumer science" or something else that is just souped-up home ec/how to get an MRS.