I totally thought my parents were coming for just a week for the wedding.
But they'll actually be here two weeks.
And apparently they think they'll be able to camp out on our convertable couch for the second week. Which is just not possible.
How did I miss that they were staying two weeks? shit, shit, shit. Wishful thinking?
('Rôôô' B will say, 'Stop hating your parents.')
3 comments:
Well financially speaking it's kind of a waste of an airfare just to come for one week.
Can you not hook them up with some of your fiance's extended family? Or find a not so expensive hotel in your area?
Do you not get along with them and that's why you don't want them to come?
I'm just way overloaded with my Masters and working part time, and I barely have time to wash my clothes and prepare a meal. It's not really a good time to visit, and them staying longer means B basically has to babysit. And then there's the fact that my parents think they're experts on Europe and how things work in France because they worked for the US gov in Germany in the 80's.... And that they were on the brink of separating a few months ago... Yeah, I guess I don't really get along with them.
Understandable...
Do a huge pile of laundry before they come..ask your fiance to do it!
If they consider themselves experts on Europe then they won't want or need a babysitter in France, just let them know in advance that for their second week you might not be around that often.
Post a Comment