Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Masters update

Classes as usual have started, and things are much better.

This morning we met our transexual professor for Financing for Audiovisual Production. She explained that up to 3 years ago she was a he, but she changed identities, had an operation, and now is Mme. I have to admit I wasn't really expecting that in France. American liberal arts colleges tend to bring out the alternative culture in everyone, but it's not the same in France. She teaches really well, which is what is important, and her professional history is amazing (she negociated the purchase of Dallas and Little House on the Prairie for TF1).

Then this afternoon our professor told us he as an Adjoint au Mairie in Blagnac, a city right next to Toulouse where the airport is located. So we have a local celebrity teaching us! He's first and foremost a professor at Sciences Po Toulouse though.

About the only bad thing with this Masters is that I'm at school all day and 3 days a week go directly to tutoring and once a week I have dance. B and I feel like we hardly see each other in the evenings since I get home about 8pm and need to get to bed by 11ish (or earlier) in order to function the next day. Speaking of which, it's past my bedtime!

No comments: