Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Being hip

I decided to jump on the bandwagon this week and catch a cold (just like so many other bloggers).

I started thinking about the last time I had a cold though, and I couldn't quite remember. I know I was sick last Christmas and again in the spring, but since then.....?

Which is something new. When I was a student in Montpellier I was sick a number of times during the year, including a painful bout of stomach flu which required B calling SOS Médecins to come and see me one night in my apartment. When I was teaching English two years ago I had a cold every 6 weeks like clockwork. I suspect it was due to working with 200+ kids, but I wasn't sick during the 3 months I spent in the States and only got a cold upon my return to France (when I was no longer teaching).

Now just finished with my third year in France, I don't get sick as often. Maybe I've been immunized against the most common viruses? Maybe I've had most of the bugs out there once now?

Whatever the reason, I think some more hot chocolate would definitly help me get better.

2 comments:

BlondeInFrance said...

I just got over my first cold for this (school) year and I don't remember getting all that sick last year, though some other assistants did all the time. Though I did get terrible allergies come spring time, which I never have in the states so hurray for being allergic to France!

Get well soon!!

Anonymous said...

I was sick from the beginning to the end of my teaching period with kids last year. Dirty rotten kids!