I've been scheduling a lot of things recently and I can't believe that certain things are practically upon me!
There's the wedding we're going to this Saturday. As opposed to my own wedding, this one has been planned for a year, so it seems strange that it's finally here.
Then there's my wisdom teeth surgery next Tuesday. Tomorrow I'm meeting with the anesthesiologist, and it seems strange that it's already time.
And reading Andromeda, Jennie, and Crystal's France anniversary blog/facebook posts I remembered that I passed the 4 year mark two weeks ago (although not sequential). I spent a year (2004-2005) in Montpellier at the university and doing an internship during the summer. After a year back in the States to graduate I spent a year (06-07) teaching English in Foix. We'll forget the 3 months I spent at my parents' waiting for my new visa because the French government thinks I've lived here continuously since Sept 14 2006 when I arrived to teach. My third year (07-08) in France (with my new visa) started in Foix and then moved to Toulouse. And my fourth year (08-09) began with registration last fall for my Masters and then our wedding.
What will my 5th year in France bring me? B and my 5 year anniversary together/1 year of marriage. Hopefully a job in communications/public relations that I like. My French driver's license. Some new friends I hope (mine keep moving away!). And lots of surprises I'm sure. I think I'm finally getting the hang of living in France and enjoying it. There are still things that annoy me and/or are difficult, but less and less and I'm able to enjoy what I have. Here's to continuing the adventure!
2 comments:
all the best with things to come :) I'm keeping my doigt's crossed that you find a wonderful job very soon (so I can live vicariously through it) and that your wisdom teeth removal goes well (mine is a black spot on my otherwise perfect dental history).
I had my wisdom teeth removed 1 week before I moved to france 4 years ago and it was THE best thing i've ever done. I got so many infections and was in so much pain. I couldn't imagine life without that pain and then it all disappeared when I had them taken out. :o)
Post a Comment