Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Dépot-Vente

I've had some clothes/shoes hanging around for a while that I've been meaning to sell because I don't wear them anymore, and I finally got around to calling a used clothing store I know to make an appointment (the only way to sell your stuff there).

The woman started flipping through the agenda, and told me the first available appointment was December 11th (!), which I took. Unfortunately I think a lot of my items are more summer clothing, so I might have to hang on to them a little longer because she said only winter items.

Has anyone sold things through a Dépot-Vente before? I don't know if this kind of wait period is normal. I thought it would be a little quicker to sell my things, but with such a wait, I think I'll call other stores and see when they can give me an appointment. I know I shouldn't get my hopes up too high since none of the clothing has a luxury label (I think Ralph Lauren is the "best" among what I want to sell), but I'd like to make some money. How much should I expect?

The woman said I would have to bring an id card, so I'm not sure if the items are sold on consignment (I only get money if the clothes actually sell), or if they buy them from me. Again, anyone with experience? Since nothing is designer, I don't want to go to the bother of trying to sell it online.

No comments: