Monday, October 5, 2009

I have to go take a Betadine shower to prepare for tomorrow, but a few things first

1) Go see Raoul with James Thiérrée if at all possible. Quite possibly the best theater I've ever seen. You remember the magic of watching a magician when you were 7? Imagine what it takes to create that for adults.

2) Feathers, angels, roses and crinoline can be overdone, especially by a bride.

3) My first medical procedure requiring general anesthesia is tomorrow morning, hence the Betadine shower. Health care costs are down in France because you take your own betadine shower, and you know, it's not that bad (although I think I might smell fishy with the iodine).

I guess I should get to bed, although B rightly reminded me that whether I sleep well or not, I'll just be asleep again at about 8am. I don't know if my recovery will be conducive to blogging or not, so in a few days?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

good luck! I don't know if you've had a general anastetic before (or of indeed you are having one this time...i hope for you yes) but when I had all mine out I only stayed at the clinic an hour afterwards to see if I was doing ok after waking up. Dad took me home and I slept all day on the sofa. Enjoy your soup!!