Thursday, October 22, 2009

Oh je! Meine Datei ist weg!

Living in a foreign country sometimes means life can be an adventure.

For example, today I took a 50 question multiple choice test in German. I have never studied German. I relied on identifying words like "haben" "nicht" "Frau" and "mit". And then I looked at my answer sheet and thought "Hmmm, I haven't answered B in a while." I also looked at other sentences in the test to see if the form I was being asked about was present elsewhere in another question. I almost laughed out loud while I was taking the test at the ridiculousness of it all.

The test doesn't count for any grade, but was to establish where the students in Langues Etrangères Appliquées have problems in German.

And I have no idea what the title sentence means. I just picked it from the test I was able to bring home.

I got a preliminary okay from a German professor for my internship, and she said a Management or Economics professor would be better to sign the contract, so I'm hoping next week I'll have it. I might have to go to a few classes to show that I'm serious about being enrolled.

And a little survey: Am I the only one who can't load Jennie's website ielanguages? I figured I'd start there to learn at least some basics of German, but it's been down for me for about 2 weeks now. RSS for the blog works, but I can't load the site.

2 comments:

BlondeInFrance said...

The site's been working for me! Try IE instead of Firefox?

jennie said...

Oh dear! My file is gone! LOL What a common and useful sentence.

I have no idea why you can't access my site. What error message do you get? Try using different browsers, maybe? I test it with Firefox, IE, Chrome and Opera and those work fine chez moi.