I'm currently translating the program for a children's theater festival, but it's not as easy as I thought it would be.
Mostly because the synopsis have already been translated from other languages for the international acting troupes (Ossetie du Sud, Hungry, Georgia, Moldovia...) One of the summaries lists 5 characters and then says "These 6 people...." Some of the foreign groups will be performing in their native language, but others in French. I say bravo to them for memorizing a play in a foreign language, but the festival organizers could have proofread the summaries they received before making the French program.
Here's a taste of what I'm translating:
...Notre Petit Prince.,
...C'est le Petit Prince, d'Antoine de Saint-Exupéry qui nous a inspirés dans la création de Notre Petit Prince. Notre personnage aussi est bizarre, incertain, curieux. Et amoureux. Il va à la recherche de sa rose. Il n'appartient pas au groupe de personnages étrangers, lui non plus, alors qu'il en aurait envie. Mais que peut-il bien faire avec ces gens? Et eux, qu'est-ce qu'ils peuvent faire avec lui. Peut-il devenir leur Petit Prince? Peut=il devenir Notre Petit Prince?
1 comment:
I hate translation...good luck!
Post a Comment