Yesterday we braved the rain to walk around downtown Toulouse with the fellow blogger formerly known as Sam de Bretagne. It was great to finally meet her.
After stepping in a few puddles and really getting soaked, the sun finally came out and we were able to enjoy the Garonne and a garden next to the Modern Art museum.
In the evening, B, Sam, and I headed to a dinner party hosted by Owen of francetales.com, where we met the blogger behind Cyberfrance. Between glasses of wine, petting the cat, and eating a delicious meal, we had a great time chatting with everyone.
No visit to Toulouse is complete without testing the Wii though, so Sam came back to our place at midnight and we got in a little bit of Mario Kart, Wii Sport, and Wii Fitness games like Hula Hoop and Ski Jump. I impressed Sam with my stick shift capabilities and drove her most of the way back to the hotel, but I took a wrong turn and B offered to drive the rest of the way since he knows the roads a little better.
I was supposed to lead a trip to the Natural History museum gardens this afternoon for AVF, but it's raining and not the best day to walk along a nature path. This weekend was also the start of the "Journées de Nature" (Days of Nature) festival/celebration, but between our busy day with friends yesterday and the rain today, I won't be going to any of the talks or demonstrations. I think it continues until June 1st, so I still have this week.
Speaking of June 1st arriving soon, I have to finish up my grad school application. I'm applying for a Masters program here in Toulouse for next year because I think I really need a French diploma.
Rainy days like today need cookies or cake with some hot chocolate, so I'm off to the kitchen.
2 comments:
It was nice meeting you yesterday!
Reading your post, I know I will have to get Mario Kart tomorrow!
I just found your blog, and I must say I am a bit amazed at the similarities . . . want to work in a museum, Frenchie named B, play the flute, am looking into masters programs since the working thing is just not possible otherwise, will probably have to go through the hassle of getting French driving license (the whole learning manual has been quite an interesting process, lol) . . . anyway, just wanted to say hi, you have a new reader!
Post a Comment