My mom's been going to some Unitarian Universalist meetings recently and I was reminded of how I liked the few services I went to when I was in college. I didn't keep up with it because it meant getting up at a reasonable hour Sunday morning and because I had a job Sunday afternoon's on campus for several semesters and it was hard to get back on campus and eat in time to work.
Anyway, I wanted to see if they had any congregations in France: yes, but no. There's one congregation in Paris/Neuilly, and that's it (because us in the south don't exist....). They have services once a month, which I kind of understand because there aren't that many members, but they're only from September to June. I think my gripe of the moment is that so many things stop during the summer in France, as though people's lives stopped as well. There's pretty much no chance I'll get a job between now and September because the HR directors know that they'll be on vacation in 3 months, so why recruit anyone now. As for the UU congregation, is it such a burden to continue with a service once a month during the summer?
For anyone that heard about the big storm in Toulouse on Thursday, I've been meaning to post my pictures. We had a huge hail storm.
EDIT: There just might be a fellowship in Toulouse, but there's only a contact, no info. To be investigated.
No comments:
Post a Comment