The car I'm going to borrow while I'm here is ready, so we decided to drive the 7 hours up here to my aunt and uncle's place to pick it up. Tomorrow we drive 7-8 hours home.
Last night when we were trying to decide when and how we were going to pick up the car, my dad decided for all of us we weren't coming this weekend, but that he was going to fly up. But tickets were only cheap a week away, when my aunt and uncle wouldn't be home, so my dad said he would come because we'd already decided that anyway (sigh). But this was sure not how he'd like to be spending his weekend (shake head and roll eyes).
We called last night to say we'd leave at noon to arrive around 7pm. This morning at 10am, my dad announces "I'm pulling the car out and leaving now. Anyone coming with me?" (Big sigh and roll of eyes).
We pulled into their yard at 8pm and head inside to get ready for dinner. Aside the 35 minutes we were eating, I don't think he talked with anyone because the Boston Red Sox game was on and he had to be in the other room. (Shake head and move it forward for my "What gives?" expression).
We'll barely see them in the morning since they go to church. I know the point was just to pick up the car, but I wanted to take advantage of all the time I have to visit with my aunt and uncle.
After all this passive aggressiveness and anti-social behavior, I need to head over to Cute Overload.
No comments:
Post a Comment