Sunday, October 28, 2007

Are owls lucky?

I just saw my second barn owl in about 3 weeks. Considering that I've never seen one before my neighborhood (just heard them hooting), I'm not sure what it means. I feel kind of lucky to have seen two in such a populated area.

Both times I saw them at night, not against a gorgeous blue sky like in this picture. I like seeing huge white birds swooping through the night sky. Nature is still around us, even after strip malls and 5 lane highways.

1 comment:

Matt said...

Hello!

I am contacting you because I am working with the authors of a book about blogs, and I'd like to request permission to use the photograph you have posted in this book. Please contact me at matt@wefeelfine.org, and I'd be happy to give you more information about the project. Please paste a link to your blog in the subject field. Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Matt