I finally figured out why there wasn't any good food in the house. I used to troll the fridge and cupboards and nothing really looked good.
The answer is that my dad has really high cholesterol, so my parents stopped buying ice cream, frozen foods, and other yummy things. The doctor said something to him a day or two ago about how he can't believe my dad hasn't had a heart attack yet based on his cholesterol level. He did run in a marathon a couple months ago, he takes medicine for his cholesterol, and rarely eats bad stuff like ice cream and donuts and what-not. My dad's reaction to the doctor was "Well, I already exercise and eat well, can't do much more."
(Side note: my stomach hurts and I'm beginning to think it was the big bowl of ice cream I just ate.)
So now there are two gallons of ice cream (it was buy one, get one free), plus frozen French bread pizzas all for me. It all looked so good, but maybe my body's not used to all the hydrogenated vegetable oils and chemicals and additives in American food. Are there as many chemicals in French ice cream? I hope not; one more reason to go back to France.
No comments:
Post a Comment