Saturday, July 25, 2009

We haven't been at the in-laws for 24 hours yet, and already there's been a lot of action. I'm not sure a week of vacation here is going to be necessarily relaxing...

Shortly after we arrived last night B took the dog out to pee one last time for the night. And the dog promptly tried to attack a large hedgehog.

I wanted to have a glass of water before going to bed, so I took one out of the cabinet. "No, not that one. That's my night glass!" my mil told me and handed me a different glass. I'm trying not to take it poorly because my husband said that happened to him a lot as a kid (so it's normal...if you define that as normal).

This morning my in-laws tried to corral a lizard that was inside back outside, but he headed straight for under the fridge.

This afternoon I turned down an offer to go shopping with the mil and my brother-in-law's girlfriend. I don't need much of anything right now, and you can't spend money you shouldn't if you don't go to the store in the first place. When they came back I found out they went to the factory outlet nearby that sells lingerie, and I'm really glad I didn't go lingerie shopping with my mil. Been there, done that, and it's really weird when your mil suggests thongs and negligees. The girlfriend said my mil also shared the info that my father-in-law buys his own thongs.

We're going to an outdoor short film festival tonight with said bil and girlfriend, and early this afternoon we decided we'd eat tapas there at the arènes. Then ten minutes ago the girlfriend suggested/announced we should buy picnic food at the grocery store because wasn't it expensive/not very good last year? And we don't have a huge budget. Or should we eat at home before we go? And what's everyone's opinion? Eat at home? Picnic? L? We'll do whatever you think. I deferred to the first decision made this afternoon as an attempt to avoid controversy.

At least we've had fun playing on the Wii..... Here's to hoping the evening goes smoothly.

No comments: