Sunday, May 24, 2009

Never a dull moment in Toulouse

Just to shake things up a bit, a high speed car chase this weekend ended when the Spanish driver missed a turn and ended up in the public library's garden, 10 meters below the level of the street.

I had a group meeting at the library today and since the car can't be taken out till tomorrow, there were crowds checking out the wreckage.

Check out the picture and article at La Dépêche. You can't really tell from the picture, but the car broke through a barrier, passed between a large tree and a palm tree, and crashed into the windows down below. I can only imagine what it was like inside the car when it was flying through the air (and the the tree branches).

1 comment:

BlondeInFrance said...

Crazy! I have a feeling car chases are way scarier to see in real life than in movies.