Friday, July 4, 2008

Beach week

Since B's parents live about a half hour from the beach, we've been three times this week. The second time we didn't stay long because there was a lot of wind and we got covered in sand, but the first and third times were nice.

Toulouse is nice, but my California side makes me miss the beach, so I like to swim in the warm water of the Mediterranean.

And then this morning I noticed that part of the elastic in my favorite bathing suit has died. I spent a fortune on the suit at Miami Beach two years ago, and I'm sad it starting to lose it's form. I have another suit, but my Miami Beach one is cuter. Plus it has a matching skirt. Maybe I can find something at the end of the summer sales.

I also just found out that there's a new X-Files movie coming out? I'm such a bad fan! I've been borrowing the DVD's from a friend of B's to rewatch the series (since I only started around season 5 when it was originally broadcast) but I just finished season 4! I don't know if I'll finish the series before the movie comes out...I'm such a bad fan...

1 comment:

J said...

I've been waiting very impatiently for the second X-Files movie since 1998. It's about damn time, Chris Carter! I may have been slightly obsessed with that show... in that I could name the episode, season and show number after hearing a one sentence summary of it. Ah, I was such a geek in high school... I'm annoyed that it comes out on July 30 in France though it will be out earlier in the US. Not sure I can wait and then have to watch it in French... may have to download a screener from the US...

P.S. Season 5 was the best! Especially episode 20, Bad Blood. Ah, loved the vampire humor.