
Well, tomorrow afternoon I think. I'm more or less hired by Acadomia as an English tutor! It'll only be part time and the pay is between 10 and 20€ an hour (depending on age of student and distance I have to travel), but I'm very happy. I have to study the file full of info they gave me and show that I understand their method for a second interview tomorrow, at the end of which I'll sign a mandate. They said they already have a family that wants a native English speaker to give a high schooler conversation classes so they need me fast.
And, a company that sends people into businesses to teach English wants to meet me as well. I'm hoping that I can put these two part time jobs together to make something decent and start putting some money back in my bank account.
This morning I volunteered for the second day with a local cultural association that promotes Occitan music and all things Midi-Pyrénées, and who should be volunteering there as well, but someone I met last week at the AVF meeting! She works at Acadomia already as a math tutor, so she wrote down her last name and told me to say during my interview today that I decided to apply because she urged me to. Dare I say I made a friend?
Tonight was my dance class as well, and I really like the teacher. It's a good mix of interesting exercises, something new, that allows me to get into it and work hard. I got a good work-out, had fun, and on my way home noticed that one of the other girls in the class was getting off the metro at my stop. I took the initiative to talk to her, and found out she lives in an apartment complex across the street from me! Dare I say a second friend? For all my moving around, I'll admit that I can still be slow and making friends. In a large dance class where we're supposed to be dancing and not chatting, I can find it hard to actually get to know the other girls.
Time to review my materials for the interview tomorrow morning. I need to look at B's English review book from high school as well because I had a "Duuhh??" moment this morning when they asked me to explain the difference between 'since' and 'for' and 'sentence tags'. "Comme, l'équivalent de 'n'est-ce pas'?"
Oh, and B and I saw Paris last night. The movie, not the city. Two thumbs up, really great film. I recommend it to everyone, especially Juliette Binoche fans, like myself. Now we just have to see her other film that just came out.
1 comment:
J. Binoche has been in so many films lately! I'm a big fan of hers, from way back (I loved her in Blue, as well as in L'Insoutenable légéreté de l'être) but I've had a hard time getting out to see her recent movies. I really want to see Paris, but it unfortunately isn't my boyfriend's "cup of tea" -- I'll have to end up going to see it alone, which I don't mind anyway!
BTW, such great news on your job and all the activities you're getting involved in! Congrats!
Post a Comment