So I'm officially a teacher with Acadomia, and I even contacted my first family tonight to organize tutoring during spring vacation. Tomorrow morning is my interview with another company that teaches English in businesses, so I'll report back about that.
I stopped by the CPAM today to straighten out my Secu situation. B and I did several address changes with the government website changementadresse.gouv.fr, and surprise surprise, it didn't work. So I changed our address to Toulouse, and found out that they would happily reimburse my doctors visits from January (unlike the pharmacy that didn't like my prescription that pre-dated my attestation). I was a little worried about going to the CPAM because things don't always go well with government administrations for me, but it was rather positive today. The woman I met with was the typical fonctionnaire that isn't smiley-happy but not really mean either. I have to wait three months to get my high-tech insurance card with my photo on it, and she made a joke about how in three months there won't be any petrol to make the plastic and we'll all have an engraved rock. Except that she had a serious tone when she said all that, which makes you go "What?! Oh, right, a joke...."
My carte de séjour is also waiting for me back in Ariège, so I'll make a trip down on Friday to pick that up. I then get to to the Prefecture here in Toulouse to change my address, but all in due time.
Two weeks ago I was really depressed about finding work, not having friends here, and spending all day alone, and things turned around in almost the blink of an eye. Now I have to negotiate working, volunteering, dance class, AVF get-togethers, and the community band. I'm happy though and I can even say that I've taken pleasure in reading again. I'm half-way through the first volume of the complete Sherlock Holmes stories. I just love Sherlock Holmes. My time spent learning German is at 0 though. I'll have to work on that resolution.
B's grandmother has taken up "Tissage". I don't really know what that is, but she just learned quilting last year, after doing needle-point for years. B told her "Wow Mamie, you're like a Swiss Army knife! Multi-fonction!" Isn't that a great analogie? lol
No comments:
Post a Comment