I'm trying to research getting my BA evaluated so I can have a document in French saying that it's a real degree and not something I made up.
And I just found out the local Rectorat doesn't do that sort of thing anymore, just a department of the CIEP in Paris evaluates foreign diplomas. And it's 55€ (I mean, who am I kidding, did I think I would be free??)
Except that my diploma is written in Latin. Yes, Latin. Proof that it's not meant to do anything except decorate a wall and the college registrar will provide any legal information necessary. I wouldn't care about it being in Latin, except that when you want to use a foreign document in France, it has to be translated by someone registered with the local courts. Where do you think I'm going to find an official Latin translator?!?!
And I just realized I screwed up with my request for my extrait de casier judiciaire. I downloaded the form, filled it out, and mailed it to Nantes, like I thought was right. Turns out, I was supposed to fax the form, and then show it at my interview as proof that I'd requested my file. And since I mailed it, I don't have the form anymore. And I of course didn't send it registered with proof of delivery because that's expensive and you have to stand in line at the post office. I hope they'll take my word when I interview on Tuesday...
3 comments:
Oh you poor dear! Good luck with the interview - think positive thoughts and maybe fortune will smile on you!
I would've loved to have paid only 55€! It cost me over 500€ to have them evaluate mine (I had to get every single college course I've ever taken translated by an official translator), and they frickin' had the nerve to turn me down after that! I was so pissed - the French equivalent of my diploma is just a BTS, but yet my 5 years of schooling are still not equivalent to their piddly two years? F*** that!
OH god, 50 euros??? I have an australian degree and they wanted a detailed list of ALL the subjects I ever did, translated by a certified translator...looking at like 1000 francs or something at the time....bastards....just thinking back to it makes me angry. Couldnt get a job here in my field anyway, not French.
GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!
(ok deep breaths) no I DO like France, I DO....
Post a Comment