Several weeks ago I asked a friend if she wanted to see the play Kroum l'Ectoplasme which is playing in Toulouse for several weeks with me. She said yes, so I went to the theater and got us 2 tickets.
At the ticket counter, I saw the sign for Mille Francs de Recompense, the big new creation for the year at TNT. I know one of the actors in it, and I got the idea to get tickets for opening night in order to go to the party afterwards.
So last Thursday my friend and I went to the play (it was really, really good; see it in Nantes or Caen if you can) and then we went to the after party. It was tons of fun to drink champagne, eat yummy appetizers, and mingle with people. I chatted with quite a few of my old colleagues and told them about my new job, and we got to chat with my actor friend a bit to. I don't know him all that well, so it was nice to be reminded that he's a nice guy and that maybe I should contact him more often.
For the play Saturday night, we ended up going out to dinner beforehand with a friend of ours visiting from Paris for the weekend. We eventually found a place and the food was very good (if a little expensive) but the three restaurants I'd found online in the neighborhood near the theater were all closed on Saturday night at 7:30pm. We had to eat a little early since the play started at 9pm, but we still found it odd that so many restaurants were closed.
Kroum l'Ectoplasme was alright, but both my friend and I missed parts of the play due to drowsiness. As you say in French, we were "hitting nails" (planter des clous) as you do when your head starts dropping and you jerk it up. I never fell asleep, but for some parts of the play I kind of fuzzed out on understanding the French. We had seats in the front row, but for this particular play, I don't think sitting in the front row was necessarily good because when actors stood sideways to the audience, we couldn't see the other half of their face like someone sitting further back could.
I'm not sure what my next play will be, but I already have tickets for a ballet and two operas this spring.
No comments:
Post a Comment